Thursday, March 8, 2018

Tech Tip: Word Counter - for Firefox!

Using Firefox, I found Word Count as a Firefox add-on rather than the Chrome version.

I've found it very useful for this class, given the word count requirements. I tend to be someone who writes too much, so for comments and such I'm fine but for stories it's extremely useful. It's a little annoying in that it will always put the word count at the bottom right of your main monitor - so if you're using multiple screens or have your browser not full screen, I can sometimes look in the wrong place and wonder whether the add-on is glitching for a moment. But other than that, it's very useful and allows for you to get the word count of any highlighted text with an option in the right-click menu.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason! It think that it's great to learn about new ways to use word counters. I pretty much have been using written kitten! for the entire class, but its great to know that there is a way to have a word counter that doesn't involve and additional screen opened. But does it give you pictures of cats, puppies or dinosaurs as motivation? Because thats what I really need.

    ReplyDelete