Friday, January 19, 2018

Actually Using Time Strategies



Procrastination has always been a huge issue for me. The issue of just starting has is a big one, especially for 'passion projects' or things I want to do - writing is one of them, and is actually one of the reasons I took this course. With clear deadlines and assignments, it will force me to sit down and write. Starting is usually the difficulty, as well as keeping in the habit of writing, so I am hoping that this class will help me build writing habits that I can keep for my own writing.

A schedule is an idea that I've thought of, but the few times that I've tried to set myself a schedule, it has never worked - I tend to always find excuses to get myself out of it. The importance of making a physical schedule and putting it somewhere easily seen could be what I was missing, since all my schedules were digital or kept in a notebook put away in a backpack or otherwise stored most of the time.

Using my time to actually do things that I will enjoy and that will benefit me in the long-term, rather than focusing on short-term enjoyment, is something I'm thinking about more as I march towards the end of my time in college and prepare to transition to a full-time job. Hopefully I'll be able to actually implement some of these things... and won't procrastinate said implementation until I've forgotten about it.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4068/4608344651_2b0d268112_b.jpg

===========================

Articles Read:

The Important Habit of Just Starting

How to build a realistic study plan that you’ll actually stick to

Image:

The Time is Now, Asja Boroš on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment