Thursday, January 18, 2018

Assignments, Expectations, and Impressions



The readings are the part of the class that I'm most interested in, as they are the reason I signed up for this class in the first place. Reading the various tales that have been told before, and writing to retell and reinterpret these stories is something I look forward to doing. I've always enjoyed writing, but struggle to come up with unique worlds, characters, and ideas, as well as with simply sitting down and actually writing; this class acts as both motivation to write and gives me a good reason to sit down and actually write.

I've never been amazing about giving feedback, so while comments should be fine, I am slightly worried about giving proper project feedback. Hopefully the resources provided will be able to help me with giving feedback that's actually helpful and not simply paying lip service to the concept.

As for the extra credit, I'm interested in both the idea as well as some of the assignments listed. Wikipedia trails and additional readings in particular catch my eye, as I've done many of the former on my own time and the latter (with the associated writing) is what I came to the class for, as I stated above. Reading other stories is always interesting, especially since there is a near-limitless number of them. From completely original stories to retellings or interpretations of previous stories, there's always a new tale to tell.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5329/9201778105_63478565af_b.jpg
(Swirl of books, Judit Klein on flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment