Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Reading Options



There are a few units that immediately caught my interest, such as Sun Wu Kung and especially King Arthur. The Arthurian legends have always been of interest to me, and it's nice to see that while Part A focuses heavily on King Arthur himself, Part B has stories involving members of King Arthur's knights.


(Boys King Arthur - N. C. Wyeth, Wikimedia Commons)

As for Sun Wu Kung, while I don't know much about him and his legend, I have seen it referenced in many different places, so it will be fun to read and see what the original tales are and how they are told.

Additionally, I've always had some interest in Japanese culture, so Japanese Mythology should be an interesting unit to go through. Many of the stories seem to center around objects (although the objects listed for the Labors of Yamato could simply be related to whatever labors that Yamato are performing in those stories).

Lastly, the Twenty-Two Goblins sounds interesting, as a combination of both a unit full of riddles as well as an interesting concept - goblins who inhabit corpses - to go along with the riddles.

I'm sure that there are stories within other units that I haven't looked at that will be just as interesting as well, and I look forward to finding those throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment