Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Technology for Our Use



I'm familiar with a fair number of these technologies. I've already bookmarked some of the important pages for this course, and used graphic creation to make the image for my Growth Mindset post. Image editing is also something I've used a decent amount, between academic and personal projects. However, of all the sites and technologies listed, Google Docs is probably the one I'm most familiar with. It's made my life far easier, even just for personal work that isn't being shared with anyone. I haven't quite replaced using Microsoft Word (and the other Office tools) with the Google Drive equivalents, but depending on whether or not I can keep the Office applications after graduating without having to re-buy them, I may make the switch completely at some point. (Unfortunately, it's difficult - if not impossible - to use it as an offline software, so if there's anything sensitive I have to work with in a document or spreadsheet, then that could be problematic with Google Drive instead of Microsoft Office.)

While I've never used any of the other technologies specifically, I'm relatively familiar with the format of blogs, wikis, and similar sites, so they shouldn't be too hard for me to navigate and create for this course.

 (Screenshot of my current class-related bookmarks as of this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment